CLICK HERE !!
to see which production companies and agencies will be considering your scripts!
"This is the only contest that I participate in on a regular basis because I know its purpose is to benefit all the writers who enter..."
"I was thrilled to have my screenplay recognized by Acclaim's competition...
I appreciated the insightful feedback they provided on how to make my script even better."
"I am grateful for the opportunity of having my work read by industry professionals--the Donners' company has already requested my script..."
"In my opinion Acclaim Film and Television Screenwriting competition is the best in the country!"
"Your competition gave me a sense of validation, and the inspiration to continue my other scripts. I am honored, grateful, and humbled by your having selected me."
NEW ADDRESS !!
Or simply CLICK HERE to use our contact form!
FALL/WINTER 2016 SCREENPLAY WINNERS
FLAWED by Alma Murray Dunham
- A woman who vows never to go through love again fends off
mythical beings determined to show her the importance of giving and accepting love.
STORMCLOUD by Marat Berdyyev
- A man born with the extraordinary power to swap minds must destroy the forces of a
tyrant leader terrorizing the country by controlling scarce water supplies, but his own identity is threatened by swapping minds with good and evil.
STEP-MILF by Hamilton Mitchell
- A young man discovers his first love is going to marry his stepdad.
REDCOATS ON THE HUDSON by Carole Ryavec
- A strong-minded colonial woman, motivated by Benedict Arnold’s heroic 1777 victory at Saratoga,
spies for the rebels after her husband is killed in battle at West Point. When she and her former slave discover Arnold’s plan to surrender West Point
to the British, she helps expose her former hero.
THE DUMBEST GENERATION by Leslie Lyshkov
- A twenty-something slacker with no knowledge of history is mistakenly sucked back to May 1942 by a
Navy WAVES physicist who seeks knowledge of a history major from the future to help the U.S.A. defeat the seemingly invincible Japanese Imperial Navy.
SNOWGLOBE by Chelsea Carpenito
- A young musician seeks to know her estranged father and finds that love isn't so simple.
PREPARING TO DIE by Ryan David Ginsberg
- When a man learns he has only a month to live, all that he wants is his family by his side.
Over the next month, this incredibly dysfunctional family reunites under one roof to explore the turmoil of their personal relationships, while
simultaneously preparing for his death.
DANNY. INVINCIBLE. LEGEND. GOD. by Yavor Petkov
- A crime documentary project in Eastern Europe gets taken over by the subject himself,
as events become increasingly disturbing.
EXPIRATION DATE by Kevin Scott
LEVEL: BLUSH by Makeba McLeod
COLLEGE CONVENTION by Matthew Feldman & Alban Xhema
ALL MY TRIALS, LORD by Sandra Jones Cropsey
SPRING/SUMMER 2015 SCREENPLAY WINNERS
BLOOD TRIGGER by Ron Podell
- A female assassin, nicknamed "The Tarantula" due to her penchant for killing her
targets like a spider, desperately wants out of the business and envisions an opportunity at a new life when she falls for her latest target.
NINJA WARRIORS by Edyta Juzyk
- A deeply damaged young woman, who kills her cheating boyfriend in self-defense,
begins to fall in love with the older man who takes her in but her world falls apart when the awful truth about her connection to him becomes clear.
TETON RECKONING by Debi Yazbeck
- Determined to head west in 1890, a Ft. Worth orphan contrives to wed a wealthy Idaho land
baron who may not be all he appears. Her scheming leaves her fighting for her life against avenging kidnappers while battling to survive the
SAN FRANCISCO SANDINISTA by David Cupples
- In 1978 San Francisco a Nicaraguan expat is sent home to assassinate the dictator Somoza,
and his inner journey will be to overcome the bitter hatred in his heart engendered by the suffering of his family and people.
MICAH by Del Gist
- A lonely, white Vietnam vet drifts America in his ’73 El Dorado until an empty tank
lands him in the Deep South, where he falls for a woman of color fighting to keep her paddle wheeler home from a Mississippi card shark.
ARTFUL PRETENDERS by Judith Bresler
- After a volatile, on-the-rise artist and his work are unexpectedly incinerated in a fire, his
art teacher widow with second sight, under time pressure to repay a nasty benefactor, hires a copyist to resurrect her late husband's
work... but doesn't see the entire picture.
PERCEPTIONS by Lou Mulford Greig
- A world-renowned surgeon invites his two very different daughters from previous marriages
to stay with him and his much younger, pregnant wife during his battle with cancer in the hope of developing the family he was never emotionally
able to support. Perceptions dramatically alter under the revealing light of truth as they discover surprising common bonds.
WHO WE ARE by David Stehman
- A cynical screenwriter with Asperger's falls in love with an optimistic psychology major at a club,
but as summer breaks comes closer the screenwriter tries to overcome his disability and learn to trust people again.
SHINE YOUR EYES by Clint Pearson
MASA by Chad DeMiguel
MADAME FACADES by Charles Laulette
THROUGH THE RED DOOR by David Stehman
USED POSTCARDS FROM HELL by Dexter Harris
FROM A KID'S POINT OF VIEW by Chad Smith
DARK ALLIANCE by Michael J. Casey
DADDY by David Stehman